Should add value and result for each new property

Some of them don’t have it. I suppose someone could just look them up somewhere but it would still be pretty useful.

Can you please explain what you’re trying to say in more detail? I’m not sure what you are referring to.

Some challenges don’t fully list a property’s values, I would have to look them up separately from the challenge instructions.

You will often be expected to branch out and research on your own. The further you get in the FCC curriculum, the more you will find this necessary. Learning how to search for and understand documentation and other resources is among the most important skills a developer must have.

1 Like

True. I just thought it would be more complete if you did what I suggested. Either way works fine. Some newcomers may not know that little detail though. Your call.

That’s kind of why I pointed this out to you guys. Still, this is your course and I don’t really understand the entirety of what your goals are for teaching coding in this curriculum. I’ve only just passed the second section. It isn’t like I haven’t been able to finish any of the challenges. It is laid out very well in terms of how much I feel I have retained and how confident I am after completing a challenge. With the hint section and ask for help feature I feel more like I’m doing things properly than just scouring the internet for answers I’m not supposed to have, if you know what I mean.

Challenges supposed to… challenge. If everything is laid out on a silver platter and the code is just being copied over there’s no challenge. This is the best way to learn something. Like @ArielLeslie said

Learning how to search for and understand documentation and other resources is among the most important skills a developer must have.

True. Also, I’m guessing here, there is a bit of a gray area when it comes to challenging someone to learn the new material or just flat out telling them.