Should I continue learning Web Development?

So I’ve been learning Web Development for about 3 months now. I was interested at the start but now I have no interest in Web Development. I just can’t sit in front of a computer screen for hours anymore. Before I’d spent so many hours on the computer and also on my phone with no problems. Now I just can’t. Recently I have been more active and outgoing in my life. The main thing is I don’t like to use or sit in front of a computer screen like I used to do. Now I’m only 17 and will be 18 in April so I guess I have a bit of time to decide what I want to do with my life. Should I keep going? Any advice will be appreciated thanks.

1 Like

As a 44-year-old who’s been working desk jobs in front of computers for about 21 years I can say this: it is not a terrible idea to decide that it’s not for you. It is very unhealthy to be sitting all day every weekday staring at a screen and manipulating a mouse. Thankfully I eat relatively healthy, walk every day and work out at least 3 times a week - if I didn’t, my meat-wagon would surely be in poor shape. I’m not trying to discourage anyone who is interested in computers to pursue their goals, but I’m saying that if you already find it difficult (and you’re only 17) and you’re not that into it, you have sufficient motivation to pursue something else. Yes, I said it. A lifetime of computer work is not for everyone.

3 Likes

maybe you just need a break, when you get stuck of what you learn path.

this community encourage me not to stop from learning.

2 Likes