Should I drop out of college for a coding bootcamp?

Everyone has their own path in life, but I wouldn’t necessarily say that getting married young is a good thing, especially if you’re male - as a guy, it’s best to focus as much as you can on optimizing your chances of being successful in the future, and a college degree can help with that quite a bit. Also you’re at an age where it’s totally fine and normal to still live with your parents. I’ve actually heard there’s an increasing trend of a lot of people now aged up to 30 who still live with their parents. There’s really no practical reason to focus on marriage at your age - study hard, work hard, and travel if you can. You won’t get the time back when you’re older.

There are also intangible benefits of going to college: How beneficial would going to college be? - #7 by astv99

In addition for your particular case, I’d further add that while living with your parents might not feel like an ideal situation now, you won’t have your parents around forever either. Take advantage of the time that you have now to spend with them, because you never know what might happen in the future.

1 Like