So I got my first job as a front-end web developer

Congratulations TinyRick88! These stories are so inspiring and motivational!

I don’t think you should stress yourself out too much though. I’m sure these people had a good idea of what level you’re at and don’t expect you to come in knowing everything after just six months of study! No point in giving yourself ulcers. LOL

Good luck with it and keep us posted!

2 Likes

Congratulations! and good luck
By the way
Thank u for sharing!

1 Like

This is AWESOME news, TinyRick88! Your hard work and faith in your abilities has paid off! Your story has reinvigorated me! Thank you for sharing! :slight_smile: Is there any way that you could elaborate on the position you accepted and what your daily tasks involve? Thanks again!

2 Likes

haha you right man. thats what everyone keep saying but i’ve always been hard on myself.
but i’ve decided that i’m in a win win situation and so the only thing i can do is give my 100% and hope for the best :).

today was a good day. loads of silly geeky jokes and had fun building this app with angular.

hi ticothep.
So this is a small-medium company that dealing with media solutions such as digital posters, IPTV and live product presentation (you lift a product and a video will play. you pick the one next to it and a compare video will play etc etc) .

most of the products are sensors based (light sensor, pressure sensor, radio wave etc). those sensors need to be configured and at the moment its been done manually by some old software or by command line.
the project im currently working on come to simplify this process. at first it will be use by the guys here so it will make their job easier and later it will probably be available for our customers as well.

right now we just building some prototype to show the bosses and after that we will do it properly.

my title here is a front end developer but im really looking forward learning some back end as well.
on the first week, all i’ve done is showing up, plugin my earphone and learning angularjs. since then i start implanting this knowledge.

after this project i’ll probably work along side our designer and help him build our home website all over again from scratch.

5 Likes

YAY!!!

Congratulations! I have just started today and this is definitely the kind of post that would keep me going. Thank you for sharing this awesome news with us. Keep it up and best of luck with the new position! :smile:

3 Likes

quick update:

in order for me to incress my productivity, i’ve decided to give polyphasics sleep a try.

1 Like

Congratulations @TinyRick88 . Where did you find this job posting?

1 Like

Don’t do this (polyphasic sleep). If you search for even 1 single example from the hundreds of years people keep re-discovering this idea and trying it, you will find that exactly 0 ever make it work even medium-term. I’ve actually seen 2 or 3 people recommend it even after doing it for a while, but in all of those cases even when you ask them why they aren’t doing it now, they says something like, “I was falling asleep during the day and was not healthy and not productive or alert”. LOL

Oh, and congrats on the job and thanks so much for sharing your experiences with us!

1 Like

thanks for the warning but i believe that those people went straight to ‘uberman’ mode which is one of the extreme plans. i can only imagine how tough it can be to jump straight to it.
im doing the ‘everyman’ which is much more relax.

if it wont work out then i’ll move on but at least i’ve tried. those extra hours means the world for me.
even if i’ll be able to sustain it for one month or even two weeks then it was worth it.

its 20:30pm and im awake since 02.30am with 2x20min naps. I feel great and in a good mood for no special rreason whatsoever.

1 Like

I see that you’re determined to do this and I hope it works out.

I would consider the amount of time you’re gambling for this experiment. Suppose you add 4 hours to your day, but then all 20 waking hours offer 50% overall efficiency? Then you’ve effectively gone from 16 hours to 10 hours, a deficit of 84 hours in 2 weeks. If you then transform into a polyphasic organism with full efficiency, it will take 3 weeks to recover the lost time. In other words it’ll take 5 weeks just to get to 0. This doesn’t even take into account context-switching, inevitable scheduling conflicts and emotional stability. And this is during a time in your professional life when cognitive efficiency and emotional stability are perhaps more crucial then ever.

1 Like

I…I don’t know, man …maybe? i’m not very good with numbers.
As a general rule in my life, I’m trying to push myself to be a man of action, not theory and hesitation.

also, everyone if you wish to discuss and hear more from me about the subject, please see my other thread:

Hey, can I get a web development internship with just knowing HTML, and CSS? I am about to start learning Javascript soon. I don’t know if I am ready for front end web development yet as I am also into digital marketing. What would be the best decision to make?

congratulations! that’s great news. :slight_smile:

Congratz! One day i’ll post here about similar experience!

Hey! did you get a job after finishing fcc or do you have a degree???

none of these.
you can read more about it on my previous comments

Wow! Congrats! This is really inspirational and gives me hope that I too may be able to land something in the near future. Cheers and thank you for sharing! Awesome!

it cool, i want to get a job like you, you are did very well.

Good job. Wish I can get a Front End Develope job. Congratulations!!
I always feel like I’m not ready…
haha

1 Like

Hi there! Congratulations on your first job, you’ve motivated me to really dedicate myself again. I’ve read through all the previous comments and I found so much valuable information. May I ask where you found this job though? Was it an online posting or did you find it through networking?

2 Likes