So I got my first job as a front-end web developer

Hey! did you get a job after finishing fcc or do you have a degree???

none of these.
you can read more about it on my previous comments

Wow! Congrats! This is really inspirational and gives me hope that I too may be able to land something in the near future. Cheers and thank you for sharing! Awesome!

it cool, i want to get a job like you, you are did very well.

Good job. Wish I can get a Front End Develope job. Congratulations!!
I always feel like Iā€™m not readyā€¦
haha

1 Like

Hi there! Congratulations on your first job, youā€™ve motivated me to really dedicate myself again. Iā€™ve read through all the previous comments and I found so much valuable information. May I ask where you found this job though? Was it an online posting or did you find it through networking?

2 Likes

Congratulation!
this is very good news to hear that!

I also feel common things what you talk about how to study and apply this web-site.
I am foreigner (Korean) so sometimes i am just move forward though i didnā€™t understand it all.
In this field of study, It is surely required independent thinking and learning skills.
(and as I am not native English person, sometimes I need to find a dictionary to understand explanation!)
Anyway,
Your comment is really hopeful. your sharing give us courage to make me endeavor more.

Thanks and wish good luck! hope you will be a developer who change a positive effect on our life!

1 Like

Iā€™m just curious, are you planning to continue through the FCC curriculum to eventually become a full-stack developer?

I am having the same thought at this same challenge point. :slight_smile:

Know this is way late, but congrats.

Wish I could do thatā€¦I have to find time to study between work and taking care of young twins.

hi @adixon1818, iā€™m glad you find my comments to be helpful :slight_smile:
iā€™ve found the position on one of the big recruitment websites (not sure which one though).

@SEGrooms iā€™d love to but at the moment there is just not enough time in a day.

Congratulations! Best of luck at the new job. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Isnā€™t it great when the hard work you put into something pays off :slight_smile: Congrats.

I am also about 6 month into FCC (after finishing a 7 month bootcamp with Careerfoundry). I am eager to start applying for work but am still nervous about the potential interview questions.
What type of interview questions did they ask you? Did you have to code on a whiteboard at all?

Hi I was looking at the Careerfoundry course a while back, how was the experience for you? Do you think itā€™s been worth the price overall (although is much lower than boot camps)?

the answer to that is on one of my previous comments here.

please send a privet message to @dmayle1 for this question.

1 Like

CONGRATS!!! :smile_cat:

Hello there, fellow 9gagger. LOL.

1 Like

Congrats!.thanks for share your experience.that really give me a passion. your are awesome. :blush:

1 Like

Anyone here graduated from FreeCodeCamp Front-End developer program without coding or computer science major background who got a full-time Front-End developer job? Just Curious.