Solution not matching but correct

Tell us what’s happening:
I’m just curious if I can offer a solution to be added to the documentation. My solution is correct and much more simple than the offered solutions. How do I go about having it added to the documentation?

If anyone sees a reason why my solution wouldn’t be correct can you let me know?

Your code so far

let username = "JackOfAllTrades";
let userCheck = /^\D\w/i; // Change this line
let result = userCheck.test(username);
console.log(result)

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/75.0.3770.100 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/javascript-algorithms-and-data-structures/regular-expressions/restrict-possible-usernames

Sorry, but your regular expression would incorrectly allow “invalid22” or “another44invalid” as a usernames. The tests have been updated recently updated for this challenge and the challenge itself has been updated to only allow alpha-numeric characters, so your solution would fail the new version (which will be released to production soon).

You’re right. So my next question. How do I escalate an incorrect solution passing?

Like I said in the previous post, the challenge has been changed. Also, the solution in the guide has changed to reflect the new tests, but neither has been deployed to production yet.

You can take a look at both of the current files (see below). You can set up the repo locally if you want to see the new versions of these files as they will appear in production at some point.