Solutions cannot be found

Until almost 1 1/2 month ago, I was using free code camp platform and I was able to check my solutions whenever I wanted.
This week when I tried to continue , the site asked me to log in again(to the new platform that had different layout).
The new layout has merged my profile successfully , since I can see the challenged and exercises that I have until know successfully passed. I have not lost my progress.
However the huge problem that I face is that for exercises that I completed in previous platform I cannot see my solutions as it used to happen. I can see only that they are completed, No solution.
This happens also for the new exercises that I am completing. No solution can be found once they are getting completed by me,
So no solution can be found either for the exercises in previous platform or in this one.
Is this a bug?Something can be fixed?It is not useful for a student when he cannot see his solutions,
Many open topics like that but I have not managed to come to a conclusion.
Thanks,

From what i have heard they do have your solutions, but they can’t display them yet.

Even then that happened on the old site also.

I’m also curious about the status of the viewing solutions feature.

According to this thread: Announcement: Viewing and sharing solutions from user profiles is temporarily disabled, raisedadead announced on February 26, 2018 that

We have patched the platform to enable viewing solutions once again. Happy coding!

But I can’t find the option to view my solutions on my profile. Nor can I see my solutions in local storage. I do see some of my old solutions in local storage though, but not my recent solutions on the new freeCodeCamp.

There are two different types of saved progress for Free Code Camp: your profile and your browser cache.

A list of your completed challenges is saved to your account in the FCC database. You can see the list of completed challenges by looking at your public portfolio. With a growing curriculum already over 1,400 lessons and a growing user base several times that size, FCC does not store every solution to ever challenge in its database. There are some challenges which are classified as projects required for certifications. Your solutions to those can be viewed on your settings page.

Your in-editor code is saved in your browser’s local storage. Recent in-progress code from the challenge editor is also saved in your local browser cache when you run tests. Because FCC rolled out a completely new application, the old cached values are no longer valid. This is the same effect you would have if you cleared your browser cache. If you are completing lessons and do not see your recent code, then something is preventing FCC from writing to your browser’s storage. This could be a browser setting, a privacy extension, or a browser version incompatibility. Especially as you get to more complicated challenges that may take multiple sessions, I strongly recommend saving your in-progress work outside of the browser cache.

This is a good opportunity to learn the ins and outs of your GitHub account, but you can also just save locally or use a service like repl.it which allows for versioning. The FCC team is working on creating an easy way for campers to download a solution when a challenge is completed. You can help add useful tools like this by being a contributor .

4 Likes