[SOLVED] How getJSON works

Hello guys!
I have a big problem with getJSON and how it work. I try in this codepen to understand but i don’t recognize. Can someone help me?

It seems like you’ve got it working. Do you have any questions in particular?

You are need:
create function (click) for your button random.
:slight_smile:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.2.1/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script>
    $(document).ready(function() {

$("button").click(function () {
            var url = "https://quotesondesign.com/wp-json/posts?filter[orderby]=rand&filter[posts_per_page]=1&callback="
            $.getJSON(url, function (a) {
                     $("#where").append(a[0].content + "<p>&mdash; " + a[0].title + "</p>");
            });
        });

});
</script>
</head>
<body>

<button>Get JSON data</button>

<div id="where">teste</div>

</body>
</html>

@PortableStick No, it doesn’t work.

@mederafael i try with your code, but it doesn’t work. What i wrong?

I’m seeing a quote:

The only problem I see is this:

$('#where').text('hi'); // overwrites the fetched quote, delete this

I put it to see if jQuery was working. I’m still on the default quote, and it doesn’t work. What i can do?

Add this bit of code someone at the top of your script:

$.ajaxSetup({ cache: false });

@camperextraordinaire he Api already gets random quote at every call. My “I need quotes from Api here.” doesn’t change in my codepen.

@PortableStick I’m in love. Can you explain me? Or give me something where i can take more information about this?

cache (default: true, false for dataType ‘script’ and ‘jsonp’)
Type: Boolean
If set to false, it will force requested pages not to be cached by the browser. Note: Setting cache to false will only work correctly with HEAD and GET requests. It works by appending “_={timestamp}” to the GET parameters. The parameter is not needed for other types of requests, except in IE8 when a POST is made to a URL that has already been requested by a GET.

1 Like

@camperextraordinaire i miss-read your post. I will change that, but the problem was about my cache.

@PortableStick tank you! You save me. So, i just need to delete my cache. :smile:

1 Like