Some tests successful and some fail

Hi there!

I am having some trouble finishing D3 project Visualize Data with a Bar Chart.
Well test 14/14 sometimes is successful and sometimes fails. When it fails I check the log and the expected value is equal to the test value.

Codepen: https://codepen.io/XpTo2k/pen/bGMjgvr

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/104.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Data Visualization Projects - Visualize Data with a Bar Chart

Link to the challenge:

I can’t get it to fail on codepen or with some of my local tests. The error is indicating that the month part of the two strings were not equal, so you may want to log (use a callback function instead of just setting the value) what you’re putting into the data-date attributes to make sure they’re all formatted identically.

The only thing visually wrong with the graph is that your rightmost bar extends past the end of the x-axis but I don’t think that would trigger this error.

1 Like

I just found it. I had to change the methods chain order for the tooltip. I was givin the atrr before it was visible. Now always passes.

Blockquote The only thing visually wrong with the graph is that your rightmost bar extends past the end of the x-axis but I don’t think that would trigger this error.

I will change the domain so it goes all the way.

Thanks for your help!