Specify How Fonts Should Degrade XYZ

Specify How Fonts Should Degrade XYZ
0.0 0

Tell us what’s happening:
I dont understand why I need to put “h2{font-family:}” infront of “h2 {font-family: Lobster, Monospace;}” to make it work.

Can somebody explain? It doesnt make sense to me at all.

Your code so far

<link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Lobster" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
<style>
  .red-text {
    color: red;
  }
  <!-- Use Monospace if Lobster is not available -->
h2{font-family:}

h2 {font-family: Lobster, Monospace;}
  p {font-size: 16px;
    font-family: Monospace;}
</style>

<h2 class="red-text">CatPhotoApp</h2>

<p class="red-text">Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>
<p class="red-text">Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.</p>

Your browser information:

Your Browser User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/65.0.3325.181 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:

What do you exactly mean bro?

Oh yeah! actually it’ll work without that h2{font-family:} since it doesnt do anything! plus you have your font family set after it which makes it useless even if it has its own value!

Yeah it should work but it doesnt. Only when I add the h2{font-family:} infornt of my code, it works but I dont understand why.

Try removing that second declaration and give the first h2 declaration the value Lobster, Monospace instead! Maybe its a bug or something! Im a newbie, are you as well? ive just joined an hour or two ago!

Yes I’m fairly new. Just started the Codecamp.
I do know some Python tho. Imma just leave it like that since its working. Thanks for your help mate!

No problem! Hope there’ll be answer for this question… Bit creepy! LoL!

First of all welcome ^^
Copy pasting your code seems you used the wrong syntax to comment out “use monospace if …”: since you’re into the <style></style> section you should use /* */ to wrap a comment ; i don’t know why it works with that snippet , probably it elides itself with the comment :open_mouth: