Stand in Line - self rant

Stand in Line - self rant
0.0 0

Need to vent a bit. Nothing against the challenge itself, but against my own stupidity. Spend an hour banging my head against the challenge, managing to pass various parts of it even. But for the life of me I could not get it to work. In the end, and with a tremendous amount of shame, I gave in and looked into the hints for the spoiler.
And I realised that it did not occur to me to store the .shift() as a new variable and return that. God now I feel like digging myself a big deep hole.

Anyway the morale of this story is, if you think you tried everything, take a deep breath a see if there is something (no matter how crazy) that you can do.

All the best coding!

That’s how a lot of the learning process seems to work.

If you don’t want to look at the solution but you feel like you’re out of ideas, you can ask for help here. Most of us will try to give the the minimum amount of prodding to get you pointed in the right way.

Lots of people on here jump straight to “It’s a bug”, so I commend you for taking so much time and performing so much self-inflection before giving in.