Start a Company

freelancing seems a little too competitive i think, at least on sites like freelancer.com and upwork etc…Any suggestions on freelancing sites that are less competitive?

On freelancer.com it just seems like there’s always people who are willing to charge way less than others.

That is true BUT what do you think would be different outside of those platforms with NO client portfolio to show? You surely won’t get online leads by just having a good looking website. You can certainly start the legwork , cold call/email (remember canspam and TCPA), but from my understanding this is to get experience , a client portfolio etc. isn’t it?

You may not make much at all at the beginning, but you can work out a deal that allows you to feature them on your website etc. and then you can look for bigger fish to fry. For all thgese sites:

You NEED feedback, good quality and of course more than just 1 or 2. Once you have that it will be substantially easier than 0 (just like in the real world , e.g. client portfolio)

Now, you can of course start your own business as well , but think about many additional things to do it right

• If you are in the us, sole proprietor , LLC, INC …
  • If you plan on doing it with more ppl, how will you determine profit shares ? Will you get liability insurance for you business?
  • How will you communicate, who does the client side? Who gets paid what etc…

My point is, just starting a thread here with 10 people who say to “count them in” is far from what it takes to get this started. Now assume this is all covered, you have 10 people with no practical experience in terms of client work, how do you sell yourself for more money ? Why choose you over company X for less money? Company Y for the same money ? Company Z for more but with an account manager etc…?

1 Like

Hi Douglas

Here is my codepen

here is my code pen I am a QA/scrum master .
also learning Angular. if you want someone to work in that capacity along with code help please let me know

I have to say your portfolio looks great, and I loved the food website!
I noticed your calculator doesn’t allow the user to enter negative numbers :slight_smile:

Hi Douglas! I’m still learning through FCC but I’ve already started freelancing on the side. I’d be happy to help you out if I can. Check out my website and may I ask you for help in the future?

www.jkdev.xyz

442-222-8957