Starting to Think FreeCodeCamp Doesn't Actually Teach

FCC is not good with explaining certain things that are immensely important. It’s like someone is teaching me English without explaining what “is” is for. For example I am currently doing JS and it keeps using jargon like “passing values” without explaining it. I have no idea what it means and I tried googling it, without success.
So it’s not good but it’s not that it’s bad either. I guess it is just an oversight since the coders who made the quizzes are probably so versed with these kinds of things that they forget that the users are noobs. (Well, most are)

FCC is like a teacher, it will give you the path/guide you need to keep going. “No pain, No gain”. Also you get a very active and supportive community from FCC, I really appreciate it.

1 Like

If you have still trouble, before FCC I came from
Khan academy, and there the bare basics are explained a bit more thoroughly

Thanks for the recommendation :smiley: I got my JS cert from FCC maybe a month ago and I’m now learning basic backend.

Backend gets worse though in FCC, a lot of it is copy pasted from original documentation from Node or MongoDB which isn’t good because if you are teaching, you are supposed to break these things down, not just copy paste it from the source.

Use FCC as a road map. Get the guide book from Udemy.

1 Like

Either you just read what to do, write that and press next.
Or you read the whole segment, try and understand it, look at examples of why its working. Then when you unerstand it you move on. Then the next day you repeat it.