Step 23 -is there a typo in the first sentence about background color being red? (and not Black)

Step 23

'background-color'  ------------>*black*=?

Notice that the background-color for your marker is still red. This is because you set the red value of the rgb function to the max of 255, or 100% red, and set both the green and blue values to 0.

Now use the rgb function to set the other colors.

In the .two CSS rule, use the rgb function to set the background-color to the max value for green, and 0 for the other values. And in the .three CSS rule, use the rgb function to set the background-color to the max value for blue, and 0 for the other values.

I was a little confused on the wording. I got the lesson right. If this is the proper wording for the background ---->red, can someone explain how that makes sense?
I don’t get it.

I didn’t understand your question.

red is one of the many keyword colors you can use.

Using the keyword red is the same as using the rgb(255, 0, 0) function. Here you’re exploring how the rgb() function works, how each number is a value/color and how you can mix them.

Is that what you’re asking? Please ask again if it isn’t. :slight_smile:

10+ steps ago I didnt understand that these different colred bars that the lesson has us make, they are probably leading up to being the “BACKGROUND-COLOR” to a Text that will be written Inside these Retangular boxes.

SO the first sentence I thought was a typo
" Notice that the background-color for your marker is still red."
I thought the meant Black, where they wrote Red. Because I thought they were talking about the Page Color. ( Since I had it on Dark Mode).
I get it now.

But many thanks to you for taking the time to try to find out what I needed help with Weslleyend!

FYI , you may run into issues if you have dark mode extension while using fCC so if you do find yourself unable to progress at some point, turn that extension off first.