Stillstuckquittingnow

**Tell us what’s happening:**This is the stupidest shit I’ve ever seen in my life & I worked for the Marines, Verizon, Air Force & D.o.D. You can’t even figure out whats wrong, after writing on separate paper mind you, everything on the video & or the next challenge!It’s a really ignorant method of trying to teach/ learn something new?

Your code so far

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html>
<head>
<title>The best page ever</title>
<head 
<h1>The best page ever</h1>
<body>  
<p>Cat ipsum dolor sit amet, jump launch to pounce upon little yarn mouse, bare fangs at toy run hide in litter box until treats are fed. Go into a room to decide you didn't want to be in there anyway. I like big cats and i can not lie kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff. Meow i could pee on this if i had the energy for slap owner's face at 5am until human fills food dish yet scamper. Knock dish off table head butt cant eat out of my own dish scratch the furniture. Make meme, make cute face. Sleep in the bathroom sink chase laser but pee in the shoe. Paw at your fat belly licks your face and eat grass, throw it back up kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>

</body>
</html>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/83.0.4103.116 Safari/537.36 OPR/69.0.3686.95.

Challenge: Define the Head and Body of an HTML Document

Link to the challenge:

Looks like you’ve put the h1 tag outside of the body.

Additionally, the head tag is not closed properly

Thank you, but I don’t understand!

Thank you all, but I don,t think this stuff is for me, I was looking to learn get certified in writing Python is all, sorry! I’m certified in IT (computers), Electronics(logic) already.

Firstly, the head tag needs to be closed properly.
Tags in HTML are opened like this <head>
And closed with a slash like this </head>

If you take a look at your code your closing tag does not look correctly closed.

In your HTML document, the text that is rendered, (the text the user sees) needs to be placed within the body tag.

<body>
    <h1>This is what the user sees!</h1>
</body>
1 Like

If you’d like to learn python FCC has a course for that.
Python course

1 Like