Strange question need some help

maybe it isnt not what the site talk about but i need to k
how can i create a link that can be able to track who clicked it and give me some info like facebook profile id if the link was attached with my pfp ?? tnx

This isn’t my area of expertise, and I’m not completely sure what you mean, but I’ll give it a shot…

There are some things you can get. For example, in JavaScript, you can find out about the browser, to some extent:

console.log('window', window)

In your console you’ll find a lot of information about the “window”.

But that doesn’t identify the use, per se. Of course, the browser is very careful about giving you access to personal info about the user. Do you want every web site you visit digging around in your system for information about you?

You could try finding the IP address. As far as I know, you cannot do this client side, without an AJAX call. But an IP address is unique to the router, not the user, so that is not what you need.

You mention Facebook. Obviously, a Facebook ID is a good ID that is unique to each user. But of course, you cannot just grab someone’s Facebook data of their browser. The user would have to give you permission, and really I think you’d need some server side code and something like Passport authentication to get access to that. The backend projects on FCC deal with Passport authentication.

You should try this: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/explorer/

It’s very similar to postman, to do what you say you should add a function that makes this http request to facebook api and then do what you want like store it on DB.

u may reach what i mean but i need more details.
i will give u an example i be more understand what i need like the links i put in my bio in face book i wanna know who clicked this link i already saw someone did this function but i want k how ?? facebook

i will give u an example to be more understood what i need like the links i put in my bio in face book i wanna know who clicked this link i already saw someone did this function but i want k how ??facebook