Struggling to Improve compatibility with browser fallbacks

Hi all, this is my first struggling point, and I’m at my wits end.
Here’s what a section of the code looks like on the lesson called : Improve Compatibility With Browser Fallbacks…

:root {
    --red-color: red;
  }
  .red-box {

background: var(--red-color)

The request it to add a background declaration right before the existing declaration and set it to red. Based on what I’ve read in other threads on this subject, I believe the following is the answer to this topic, but it’s not working.

}
  .red-box {
    background: red;
    background: var(--red-color);

Please, tell me if I’m right. And if I’m not, please tell me what I’m doing wrong and how to fix it. I’ve even followed this same thing from a youtube video keystroke for keystroke but it still won’t let me move forward.

If you have a question about a specific challenge as it relates to your written code for that challenge, just click the Ask for Help button located on the challenge. It will create a new topic with all code you have written and include a link to the challenge also. You will still be able to ask any questions in the post before submitting it to the forum.

Thank you.

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard. The “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) will also add backticks around text.

Note: Backticks are not single quotes.

markdown_Forums

your code is both right, and wrong
you are missing a lot of stuff

see, this is the starting code:

<style>
  }
  .red-box {

background: var(--red-color);
    height: 200px;
    width:200px;
  }
</style>
<div class="red-box"></div>

you need to add one line to this starting code, but if what you posted is the solution, than you removed many things you shouldn’t remove

Hi there,

Thanks so much for your replies. I’ll take your points on board.
When completing the code I never removed any of the code that’s already there but the system wont let me continue with the single line added. It’s still not working.

please paste your current code, everything you have in the editor, not just a snippet.

what tests are you not passing?