Struggling with Creating a proper NPM file - first lesson of Microservices

l keep getting this error “JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data” in fcc feedback line after l add => “author”: “Jane Doe”, to the project file that l forked at the beginning of APIs and Microservices is there something i should be doing on the Glitch platform to make sure everything in the file can be tested properly…?

above is a link to what i am working on

Facing the same issue.
I created sample project in Glitch and added only author key in package.json file. then submitted public url of my project but it shows the same error-

“JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data”

That error usually appears when users submit the edit page of the glitch app rather than the live page, try submitting the live page

A little more detail for those who will undoubtedly be searching in the future (like me right now).

To get the Glitch url you want for the solution field on lessons:

1. in the left hand column click on the down arrow next to SHARE (next to the little avatar icon).
  2. Under Link to Glitch there are three tabs. Click on the middle tab Live App
  3. Next click on COPY next to the URL shown.

here is a good visual of the how to:

I had trouble with this also until I went and played around with it (Hmm lets see what this does…).