Stuck again. i feel dumb. it keeps saying there should be only one footer tag on your page

If you have a question about a specific challenge as it relates to your written code for that challenge, just click the Ask for Help button located on the challenge. It will create a new topic with all code you have written and include a link to the challenge also. You will still be able to ask any questions in the post before submitting it to the forum.

Thank you.

1 Like

be more specific please so we can help
thank you!

Also, just from looking at that image, the <footer> tag generally goes at the end of the page and usually has content inside of it. So I don’t think it would be placed before the <p> tag like that. And definitely there should only be one footer for the body.

I did. I still don’t understand hence why I’m posting once again

I don’t understand. Please elaborate

Can you be more specific about what you don’t understand. Also, it is really hard to help you since I don’t know which challenge this is. It would be great if you could give us a link to the challenge but at the least please give us the title of this challenge.

2 Likes

Oh right so this is the link to internal sections of a page with anchor elements challenge and the only error that keeps popping up is the footer tag should have an id attribute set to footer. I have done everything right and nothing works. Any little assistance is greatly appreciated.

OK, I found the challenge. In the future, when you have a question about a challenge you are working on, click the “Get Help” button for the challenge and then the “Ask for Help” link. This will automatically add your current code to your post and then you can add your question.

I would click the “Reset All Code” button to get a fresh start on this challenge. Notice that there is already a <footer> at the bottom of the HTML. You want to leave that there and you will not add another one. Only do what the instructions are asking you to do.

Ok so I did this over again and I’m still getting the error message. I don’t understand how to do the id part or where to put it

hello, your closed footer should be at the end of your code.

I don’t understand. Please someone demonstrate :woozy_face:

please give your whole code , you can do this by clicking get help button.
i will be happy to help you just provide your code

The instructions say:

“Then add an id attribute with a value of footer to the <footer> element at the bottom of the page.”

The <footer> is already there for you, so you just need to add the id to that tag. There is an example of an <h2> tag with an id in the explanation. Do you see that example? Add the id to the footer just like they added the id to the h2 in the example.

Im still getting an error message. Maybe Im not meant for this because I am really trying and I’m still not getting it

It would really help if you posted your actual code instead of a picture.

Please copy and paste everything inside the coding window where you put your answers :slight_smile: then I will see if I can help

If it helps you could click “Get Help”, then click Get a Hint or Watch a video in case if you are stuck. Thats what I usually do for help. This could be done unless it is a project. Can you pls tell me what it is? If it is a project, I maybe could figure something out. Also, could you attach your entire code as well. I need to review the entire code to check. But like as the others said, your footer code needs to be at the bottom.

I happened to have just seen this challenge. There is a footer all the way at the bottom of the page already. you don’t need to create one.

Remove that one and edit the one at the bottom.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.