Stuck and discouraged on "Write Higher Order Arrow Functions"

Tell us what’s happening:
I have been stuck on this for about a week and a half. I have tried doing research. I have gotten some explanations on certain bits of it but, I still cannot figure this out. I have even seen a handful of solutions that I simply don’t understand. I’m becoming very discouraged. I know that this is a part of both web development and learning but, some additional modules or lessons or whatever are needed before we get to this point. I think I’m going to go finish Colt Steele’s Udemy course (I got about halfway through a couple of years back) and come back to this when I hopefully have a deeper understanding that I wasn’t able to gain from this course alone.

If you have suggestions on what I can be doing differently or resources to learn more with on this specific topic please, let me know.

Your code so far

const realNumberArray = [4, 5.6, -9.8, 3.14, 42, 6, 8.34, -2];
const squareList = (arr) => {
  "use strict";
  // change code below this line
  const squaredIntegers = arr;
  // change code above this line
  return squaredIntegers;
};
// test your code
const squaredIntegers = squareList(realNumberArray);
console.log(squaredIntegers);

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_14_3) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/72.0.3626.119 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/javascript-algorithms-and-data-structures/es6/write-higher-order-arrow-functions/

Please describe which part you don’t understand.
Is it about logic or syntax?

These methods will return later, if you are really discouraged, keep going and return to it later, after you have found the challenges that explain these methods

Many complaints have come for ES6 section, something is changing, with a bit of patience.

You are looking for the .map method on arrays. Read the demo at the top, and you’ll find you need to change very little about it to get a squareList function from it.

I have taken y’all’s advice and skipped the ES6 section for now. I am now finally making progress again. So, now that I have skipped past that: when should I slide it back in?

Definitely before you do Intermediate Algorithm Scripting

1 Like

Thank you for the tip!