Stuck. Error in HTML code? FCC HTML Lesson

Hello!
I am on the “Basic HTML and HTML5: Use the value attribute with Radio Buttons and Checkboxes” lesson and I have been stuck all day. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

> <form action="/submit-cat-photo">
>     <label><input type="radio" name="indoor/outdoor" value="indoor">indoor</label>
>     <label><input type="radio" name="indoor/outdoor" value="outdoor">outdoor</label><br>
>     <label><input type="checkbox" name="personality"value="loving">loving</label>
>     <label><input type="checkbox" name="personality" value="lazy">lazy</label>
>     <label><input type="checkbox" name="personality" value="energetic">energetic</label>
>     <input type="text" placeholder="cat photo URL" required>
>     <button type="submit">Submit</button>

Is there an error with my input code?

What do the failing tests say?

It says I do not satisfy any of the requirements :frowning: been stuck all day

One of your radio buttons should have the value attribute of indoor.
One of your radio buttons should have the value attribute of outdoor.
One of your checkboxes should have the value attribute of loving.
One of your checkboxes should have the value attribute of lazy.
One of your checkboxes should have the value attribute of energetic.

It looks like you changed the contents of the labels, removing spaces and capital letters. Click the “Reset All Code” button and then only add the value attribute of each input.

1 Like

You change the capitalization of the label text. They all need to have the first letter capitalized.

It is unfortunate that the test gives the misleading assert messages it does. However, that is just how the test was made. It is difficult to account for all possible failures and give the correct test messages.

1 Like

Thank you! I will try that

Thank you ! I did not realize the first letter must be capitalized. Is this a requirement for all HTML codes or just specifically for this example?

if you change or add stuff you are not supposed to change/add it may result in the tests failing, it depends on how the tests are set up

As said, it’s just how the test works. It is not a technical requirement. But it does make sense (and often looks better) to have single words capitalized.

Thank you! :slight_smile: