Stuck on a basic problem - Web Design Certification

Currently I am doing the 3rd Web Design Challenge for the Certificate and I just don’t know and don’t understand what to do next. Please help!

When I click a .nav-link button in the nav element, I am taken to the corresponding section of the landing page.’

You shared a link to a completely blank project. Make sure that your pen is saved and that you have the correct link.

Hi @bopcho !

The purpose of navigation links is to take you to other sections of the website.
For this project we want out nav links to go to other sections of the page.

Right now, when I click on HTML, it doesn’t do anything because you have not created a section called HTML.
Same goes for CSS and the JavaScript links.

I think it would be good for you to review this HTML lesson so you understand the basic functionality better.

Hope that helps!

Hey, nevermind my previous message, I’m just dense. I’m sorry for the spam. Thank you so much for the help!

## 5. When I click a .nav-link button in the nav element, I am taken to the corresponding section of the landing page.’ I simply don’t understand what’s being asked of me. Im completely lost.

This page details what is Expected with regards to that specification, in great detail:

https://forum.freecodecamp.org/t/when-i-click-a-nav-link-button-in-the-nav-element-i-am-taken-to-the-corresponding-section-of-the-landing-page/229737

They are basically asking you to use a # instead of a weblink, so your page scrolls down to every section.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.