Stuck on Relaxing Cat Photo

What am I doing wrong? This is my code so far…

**Your code so far**

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>
<image = src"https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/curriculum/cat-photo-app/relaxing-cat.jpg."
alt = fcc relaxing cat
<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>
<p>Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.</p>
</main>
  **Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 15_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/15.0 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1

Challenge: Add Images to Your Website

Link to the challenge:

There are a lot of errors in your image tag. I suggest resetting the code, looking re-reading the challenge and looking at example code carefully, and starting fresh.

I think the example showing the img src in “” is misleading you here.

start again and copy the cat url but dont put it between any “” and you should see the cat image appear.

Also, the alt attribute works like this … alt=“put text in here”. The fcc is not required.

And you have missed the > at the end of the image.

This should get you past this lesson. I know it can feel frustrating when you have just started the beginner lessons but sometimes we just need another set of eyes to point something out.

you will remember what you missed here when you get to the challenges and should have no issues adding images moving forward.

Keep going and dont give up. Like everything else, it gets easier the more you do it.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! It was the “ “ that was throwing me off.

No problem, I had the same issue myself. very annoying haha

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.