Stuck somewhere, but not sure where

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.

I don’t have much background in math, but am trying to do this challenge with matrices. I think I have the general logic ok, but am not saving the third move counts into the counter matrix. But I ignore why. Could someone give me a pointer?

Your code so far

https://rokpapski.dmikes.repl.co

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/92.0.4515.131 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Rock Paper Scissors

Link to the challenge:

I am now winning against 3 bots all the time, but against varying bots. And with greatly varying percentages. I am missing something fundamental here. Please help me.

I increased the Markov chain from 2 to 3 and now my bot consistently beats all 4 bots. The three are almost always > 60% wins. One close to 100%, one with 80s, the other with 70s, Abbey mostly high 50s, and regularly above 60. I assume I would have to add a 4th move to the Markov chain, but then I would need some some matrix manipulation library, but for a manual exercise of nested arrays this was quite fun. Or is there a way to beat Abbey with an algorithm using only the last two moves?

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.