Stuck when trying to style id attribute

Hello, I have tried to style the id attribute over five times now, I have cleared the code and re-done it a few times but it will not change the color to orange

Here is my code:

style>
  body {
    background-color: black;
    font-family: Monospace;
    color: green;
  }
  .pink-text {
    color: pink;
  }
  .blue-text {
    color: blue;
   #orange-text {color:orange;}
</style>
<h1 class="pink-text blue-text" id="orange-text">Hello World!</h1>

help, please

.blue-text {

Should look like

.blue-text {
}

As @joker314 pointed out, you were missing a curly brace, but it’s also unclear in your code if you are applying the #orange-text selector correctly.

<style>
body {
background-color: black;
font-family: Monospace;
color: green;
}
.pink-text {
color: pink;
}
.blue-text {
}
</style>
<h1 id = "orange-text">Hello World!</h1>

Personally, I would choose to use a .orange-text class instead so it can be reused throughout the project.

1 Like

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into the forum, precede it with a line of three backticks and follow it with a line of three backticks to make easier to read. See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard. The “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) will also add backticks around text.

markdown_Forums

1 Like

Thanks! this worked. The brace got me again! thanks

that’s what was missing, thanks!

If you’re having this kind of problem a lot, you might look into using a linter. They help you catch problems in your code. That one I linked lets you paste your CSS into a box and checks it, but most code editors also have linters as add-ons so you can see right in your editor when you have a problem. You can get linters for just about any language you’d want to write.

1 Like

@maggiea08 It’s the semicolons that get me all the time.