Student survey project feedback please

This is my competed second project, any feed back would be great, i seem to only know how to use line breaks rather than actually styling things into position using css, i hear this is bad practice though so need to try get out of that habit and learn the proper way to style.

thanks guys

It looks really nice. And yes, css positioning can be hard because we didn’t learnt as long enough. What you can do is to try different thing regarding to colors, borders, font types nor family. Just basics, but most important, keep up the good work. Your effort is not in vain. Look how much you’ve advanced in just 2 days

1 Like

Thankyou, im trying to google and use w3schools for the next project, i always find it tough to start off a project, and knowing what should be in a div or id or class is tricky but hoping soon it will click more.

1 Like

It’s good for a start, but there could be a lot done to improve it.
For a start, yeah instead of linebreaks you should use the margin/padding in CSS.

I could give a couple more examples on what could be improved.
Padding for the input fields makes it look nicer with more whitespace.
The black font on the dark-green background can be a bit tricky to read.
For radio-buttons, you again want to look into CSS to find a way to align them properly so the buttons are below one-another.

Also a mood point, but the medium option with the radio-buttons should be “average”. Saying “as expected” doesn’t go along with the other options. Maybe I expected the facilities to be excellent? The other options don’t ask for expectations, so this option is basically a completly different metric.

Your page looks good @CharleyJo. Some things to revisit;

• Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in the HTML editor. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML syntax/coding errors you should be aware of and address.
  • Do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
    Reference MDN Docs
    Instead of using <br> elements to have each inline element on a new line use, or set, container elements to be block-level elements so they’ll each take up the full width.
  • Review the use of the fieldset element for better accessibility lesson.
  • Make your page responsive. Remember, the R in RWD stands for Responsive
    There’s a horizontal scrollbar on smaller screens

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.