Styling a web site with 10 - 15 CSS styles

As someone who feels comfortable with HTML I struggle with CSS, I know enough to get a website looking okayish but I struggle in placing CSS in the correct order. A friend of mine suggested using only 10 - 15 CSS rules and re-developing a web page with only these rules and repeat until necessary. My question to you is, is this feasible and if you had to pick which rules to select to make the best-looking website you can which would you pick?

1 Like

I had this issue too, I didn’t get css at first until i learn’t that its just practice, Placing in the correct order will come with time its just like eating bread you can’t eat it with one mouth full its just tiny bits. I know it feels wrong but you have to remember that you don’t know much but would like to know. So just try baby steps and soon you will start noticing stuff.

As for me i am a beginner I am on my third project on responsive design, as i read through i always go back to change stuff that i did wrong on my last two projects because i learned that it was either wrong or i didn’t need the property at all.

Happy coding

1 Like

This a good idea. Working with such strict constraints is completely feasible, and a good exercise. However, imo pick what you want to build first, get some content together, draw it out, and go from there, because that should define what you need. Then write some CSS, look at it, see what you can strip out, rinse and repeat

1 Like