Submitting Live URL to the NodeJs Challenge always Time's Out (Replit)

Hi, I am trying to solve the first challenge on API’s and Backend Development.

solution: boilerplate-npm (5) - Node.js Repl - Replit

Problem I am facing:
Whenever I submit the solution, the Test timeout.

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/105.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Managing Packages with NPM - How to Use package.json, the Core of Any Node.js Project or npm Package

Link to the challenge:

Things I already tried:
→ Shifting to Incognito Mode (No extensions)
→ Restarting, Refreshing

If you have any clue, why it throw’s the error on each submit and time out, I would really appreciate

@damianroiz any thoughts please

@Jimbalin I hope, I’m submitting the live URL to the app

The Live URL seems to be working only inside replit integrated browser, When I try opening the URL in a standalone chrome window, it never loads.

Attached SS for reference:

1 Like

I am having very similar issues - Managing Packages with NPM - How to Use package.json, the Core of Any Node.js Project or npm Package

I am having the same issue, following the above comment didnt help sadly.

So, folks, it seems, that the issue is on the side of replit.

The live URL does not open in a standalone chrome tab when it has HTTPS protocol, but it works with HTTP.

Alternative to Replit
I tried an alternative to replit which worked for me and that is:

1. Clone the Boilerplate-npm Repository.
  2. Run the project using npm start in a terminal window locally
  3. You can now access the project on localhost:3000
  4. Now we need a way to make this port available, so we can submit it as a live URL to the challenge.
  5. You can achieve this using Cloudflare. Cloudflare will let you open a tunnel to your localhost on port 3000 in just a single command.
  6. Install cloudflare binary Cloudflare Download
  7. Now, using this simple command cloudflared tunnel --url http://localhost:3000 you can create a live URL for your locally running project and submit it as a solution to the challenge. CloudFlare Tunnel
1 Like

Or just use Codesandbox

I’m having the same issue, this is really annoying. I’m going to try and use codesandbox and see if that works. UPDATE: codesandbox works.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.