Suggestion Regarding Project

Hii,
I am searching for a mentor who can guide me to build my first Project of my Career.
I am a noob to the Software Development having basic knowledge of C++, Java, HTML, CSS and MySql. But I want to practice it and land on a good paying job ( to be clear i.e my motive :D).

Currently I want to utilize these unfortunate pandemic Lockdown Days to build a project which I think would give a kick-start to my learning.
I want your suggestions regarding which technologies should I use and why to build the project. I am up to learn technologies as required.

This project is related to my college faculties who have to fill lots of paper-formalities each year regarding new achievements in their career viz. papers published, any course done etc.
So I want to put it down in a software form to minimize the tiresome work done each year to just simple updations in their profile after verification by the admin.

I am listing down the expected requirements of the application :-

1. Admin : The one who controls all the departments and is head of them.
    Can access all the details of faculties and departments.
    Can sort the faculty/department view details as desired.

2. Departments : Several departments in the college as Computer Science, Civil, Mechanical etc.
    i) Staff :- Each faculty has a unique id-password assigned through which they log-in to the system.
    Initially they fill their details and get them recorded in the system i.e personal details, professional details.
    After that whenever an updation is to be made in their profile they make a request to their respective Department Controller to update their details regarding papers published, any course done etc thus upload marksheet, papers to the application to the same.

ii) Department Controller :- An individual who is assigned using unique id-password and can log-in through it only.
He is the one who can view the requests of updations from his respective department faculties.
Only after he verifies the details aksed by the respective faculty to be true only then the changes in the details are reflected in the database.
NO change can be reflected in the main database without his Validation.

1. The faculty is able to download a one-page resume based on the details filled.

Looking forward to your expert advice…Please reply ASAP.

Firstly, welcome to the forums.

While we are primarily here to help people with their Free Code Camp progress, we are open to people on other paths, too. Some of what you are asking is pretty trivial in the Free Code Camp context, so you might find that if you’re not getting the instruction and material you need in your current studies, the FCC curriculum will really help you get started. At a modest guess I’d say investing a 4-5 hours working through the curriculum here will really pay off. You can find the curriculum at https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn.

With your current questions, we don’t have enough context to know what you already know or don’t know, so it is impossible to guide you without just telling you the answer (which we won’t do).

It is pretty typical on here for people to share a codepen / repl.it / jsfiddle example of what they have tried so that anyone helping has more of an idea of what help is actually helpful.

Please provide some example of what you’ve tried and I’m sure you’ll get more help.

Happy coding :slight_smile: