Survey Form - Build a Survey Form

Tell us what’s happening:
For some reason, it’s saying that my text area isn’t a descendant of the survey form? Please help! I am not sure what i’ve done wrong! Thanks so much.

Your code so far

<!-- file: index.html -->
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en"><fieldset><body>
  <h1 id="title"> Ulta Beauty Services Survey Form</h1>
  <meta charset="UTF-8">
  <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial scale="1.0"/>
  <p id="description"> Thank you for taking time to help us improve our services!</p>
  <link href="styles.css" rel="stylesheet"/>
    <form id="survey-form">
      <div></div>
      <label for="name" id="name-label"> Name <input type="text" input id="name" placeholder="Tell us who you are!" required/></label>
      <label for="email" id="email-label"> Email <input type="email" input id="email" placeholder="email@____.com" required></label>
      <label for="age" id="number-label"> Age (optional) <input type="number" id="number" min="10" max="99" placeholder="age"></label>
       <div></div>
     <label for="beauty-products"> Which option best describes your relationship with beauty products?</label>
       <div></div>
     <select id="dropdown" name="beauty-products">
       <option value="Lover of all things beauty">Lover of all things beauty</option>
        <option value="I shop once or twice a month">I shop once or twice a month</option>
         <option value="I like beauty products but dont shop as often as i'd like">I like beauty products but dont shop as often as i'd like</option>
          <option value="I am neutral about beauty products">I am neutral about beauty products</option>
           <option value="I dont know much or anything at all about beauty products but wat to learn">I dont know much/anything at all about beauty products</option>
       </select>
       <div></div>
<label for="recommend" id="recommend">Would you recommend Ulta Beauty for beauty product shopping needs to others?</label> 
<div></div>
<input id="radio" type="radio" name="radio" value="radio" class="inline"> Definitely</input>
     <input id="radio" type="radio" name="radio" value="radio" class="inline"> Unsure</input>
     <input id="radio" type="radio" name="radio" value="radio" class="inline"> No</input>
<div></div>
What would you like for us to improve?
<div></div>
      <input type="checkbox" value="customer service"> Customer Service
       <input type="checkbox" value="product knowledge"> Product Knowledge
      <input type="checkbox" value="product availability"> Product Availability
      <input type="checkbox" value="something else"> Something Else
<div></div>
        <input id="textarea" type="textarea" placeholder="tell us more..."> 
<input id="submit" name="submit" type="submit">
    </form>
</fieldset>
</body>
</html>

/* file: styles.css */

body{
font-family:Segoe;
background-color:#d9804c;  
margin-left: center;
margin-right:center; 
padding:80px;  
text-align: center;  
}

input[type="submit"]{
  display:center;
  width:23%;
  color:#0009;
}
input[type="number"]{
  width:55px;
}
input[type="textarea"]{
  height:180px;
  width:300px;
  display:center;

}

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_13_6) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/109.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Survey Form - Build a Survey Form

Link to the challenge:

you have a lot of syntax errors that may affect the tests.
Start by copying the html code to an online validator (like the one below) and fixing all the errors you find. This may help.

1 Like

ok! I will try this. I am still so new and dont really know that this could be a factor. Thank you!!!

1 Like

Ok… this website tagged was not extremely helpful. I’m so sorry but I’m still not sure what I’m doing wrong.
When i run the test, it looks right I’m just missing this one piece. I dont know how the website is able to pass all but one test, but at the same time i have a lot of syntax errors. I appreciate any and all insight!

I will still suggest that you fix all your syntax errors.
I personally would not be able to help you until you have taken that step first.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.