Survey Form - Build a Survey Form

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.
Hi! so… I have no idea what the certification challenge is asking me to do exactly. In the prior lessons it was not so much educational as it was like following ikea directions to build a bookcase. I have no idea what I’m supposed to be doing. Is there educational material we are supposed to be reading and videos we should be watching so we can learn this stuff? What I started doing is just clicking on the button that says Run the tests and then trying to figure out how to put something in that satisfies the next X to turn it into a check mark. I’m stuck at " Your #name should be a descendant of #survey-form ." This is what I have so far:

Not Empty

Description is not empty.

Survey Form Name

I put input name below the survey form. I also indented it two spaces. What else?

Your code so far

<!-- file: index.html -->
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>

</head>
  <body>
    <h1 id="title">Not Empty</h1>
    <p id="description">Description is not empty.</p>
  <form id="survey-form">Survey Form</form>
    <input required id="name">Name</input>
  </body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/110.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Survey Form - Build a Survey Form

Link to the challenge:

There are many videos about HTML and CSS on freeCodeCamp YouTube channel, the fundamental is almost the same but of course the content will not cover this challenge.

As the instruction said it should be a DESCENDANT, while yours is not.

Descendant = Nested

So your input should be inside the from. Maybe you can revert back to the lesson that you just learned about Building Registration Form

The code should be looked like this.

<form class="aa">abcd
  <input class="bb" required>Hello
</form>

It is so much more than this of course where you should add label and many more. But hopefully you got the idea of descendant

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.