Survey Form - Build a Survey Form

I keep getting a error for my radio buttons. It keeps saying that I need to group them together and add value attributes but I have done this already

Survey Form

Investors Survey Form

Thank you for investing with us.

Name Email Age What role describes your current employment status? Are you intrested in long-term investing or short-term?
Long-term Short-term Not Sure
What kind of investments intrest you?
Real Estate
Mutual Funds
Index Funds
ETFs (Exchange-Traded Funds)
ETFs other
Additional comments **
<!-- file: index.html -->
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <meta charset="UTF-8">
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css">
    <title>Survey Form</title>
  </head>
  <body>
    <h1 id="title">Investors Survey Form</h1>
    <p id="description">Thank you for investing with us.</p>
    <form id="survey-form">
      <Fieldset>
        <label for="name" id="name-label">Name<input id="name" name="name" type="text" required placeholder="enter your name"></label>
      </fieldset>
      <fieldset>
        <label for="email" id="email-label">Email<input id="email" type="email" required placeholder="enter your email"></label>
      </fieldset>
      <fieldset>
        <label for="number-label" id="number-label">Age<input id="number" name="Age" type="number" min="13" max="120" required placeholder="enter your age"></label>
      </fieldset>
      <fieldset>
      <label>What role describes your current employment status?</label>
      <select id="dropdown">
        <option>Full-time</option>
        <option>Part-time</option>
        <option>Prefer Not to say</option>
        <option>other</option>
      </select>
      </fieldset>
      <fieldset>
        <label>Are you intrested in long-term investing or short-term?</label>
      <div>
        <label for="long-term">Long-term</label><input type="radio" name="long-term" id="long-term">
         <label for="short-term">Short-term</label><input type="radio" name="Short-term" id="Short-term">
        <label for="not-sure">Not Sure</label><input type="radio" name="not-sure" id="not-sure">
        </div>
      </fieldset>
      <fieldset>
        <label>What kind of investments intrest you?</label>
        <div>
          <input type="checkbox" name="real-estate" value="real-estate"><label>Real Estate</label>
        </div>
        <div>
          <input type="checkbox" name="mutual-funds" value="mutual-funds"><label>Mutual Funds</label>
        </div>
        <div>
          <input type="checkbox" name="index-funds" value="index-funds"><label>Index Funds</label>
        </div>
        <div>
          <input type="checkbox" name="etfs (exchange-traded funds)" value="etfs (exchange-traded funds)"><label>ETFs (Exchange-Traded Funds)</label>
        </div>
        <div>
          <input type="checkbox" name="other" value="other"><label>ETFs other</label>
        </div>
      </fieldset>
      <fieldset>
        <label>Additional comments</label><textarea type="text" placeholder="enter your thoughts" rows="5" cols="20"></textarea>
      </fiedset>
      <fieldset>
        <button id= submit>
          <input type="submit" value="submit">
        </button>
      </fieldset>
    </form>
  </body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */
#title {
  color : rgb(0,100,200)

}

body {
  background-image: url("https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/concept-investments-word-made-letter-stack-dollar-bills-blocks-money-american-hundred-86457089.jpg")

}

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/111.0.0.0 Safari/537.36 Edg/111.0.1661.44

Challenge: Survey Form - Build a Survey Form

Link to the challenge:

Well, the first requirement states that your Radio Buttons all need a value attribute… I don’t see one in any of your radios:

* All your radio buttons should have a 'value' attribute and value.

And then secondly you need to group your radio buttons together which I don’t see that you’ve done, so the question is how do you do that?.. I would suggest you research radio buttons a little more and see what the purpose of the name attribute is used for.

* Every radio button group should have at least 2 radio buttons.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.