Survey Form - Build a Survey Form

my name should require and input? I thought it had one and my email requires an input again I thought it had one? Help
Describe your issue in detail here.

Your code so far

<!-- file: index.html -->
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <meta charset="UTF-8" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css" />
    <title>Build a survey form</title>
  </head>
  <body>
    <h1 id="title">Survey form</h1>
    <p id="description">
      This survey has to do with being a man in a women's world.
    </p>
    <main>
      <form id="survey-form">
        <label id="name-label" input for="name">Name please:</label>
        <input id="name" placeholder="name" type="text" />
        Are you a man?
        <label id="email-label"for="email">Email please:</label>
        <input id="email" type="email" placeholder="Email" type="text" />        <label id="number-label"for="number">Put age here:</label>
        <input id="number" Placeholder="age" type="number" min="18" max="99" />
        <label>Gender:</label>
        <select id="dropdown">
          <option>Man</option>
          <option>Woman</option>
        </select>
        <label><input type="radio" value="manly" name="manly-not-manly"/>Manly</label>
        <label><input type="radio" value="not manly" name="manly-not-manly"/>Not manly</label>
        <input type="checkbox" value="womenly"/>
        Womenly
        <input type="checkbox" value="not womenly"/>
        Not womenly
        <survey-"form"><textarea id="manly"></textarea></survey-form>
        <button id="submit" type="submit">Submit</button>
      </form>
    </main>
  </body>
  <html>
/* file: styles.css */

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/114.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Survey Form - Build a Survey Form

Link to the challenge:

You can make an input required by adding the ‘required’ atrribute.

Also, make sure you close your <html> tag.

I know how to do the input but the name and email already have these things and thanks for telling me I need to make the html a closing one forgot/

You have some issues here

<label id="name-label" input for="name">Name please:</label>
        <input id="name" placeholder="name" type="text" />
        Are you a man?

You have a random input before your for attribute, and then you have your “Are you a man” text outside of any label so I am not sure what you are doing with that. There are other issues as well. I recommend checking your html through the validator.

2 Likes

Hi I just wanted to know in visual studio code their is software that is artificial intelligence which I imagine some developers use when they work and I wanted to know if it is against the rules of freecodecamp to use AI? Thanks for your time

There is something called github co pilot which is an extension you can use in vs code. Its not against the rules to use ai for studying, but it shouldn’t be used in projects. The point of projects is for you to learn, grow and understand code. If you use AI then you are just cheating yourself, at this point you should be more focused on trying to understand your code than trying to use AI

Thanks that GitHub I could have sworn I read somewhere that it is against the rules to use it. Peace

Its not against the rules for studying, and maybe helping out with the challenges. Which again, I would say is a last resort until you have a better understanding of the code

I would say its against the rules to use here. The projects have to be your own code. You cant ask an AI to write the project code for you because its not your own code. You would be just copying code and using it pass the challenge. Not that I am saying you are doing that, but as a reminder you shouldn’t be doing that

Remember, if your code for the projects is deemed not to be your own code then you face your account being deleted.

I have a prettier setting that makes my code look different and better it is not AI but it does make my code look neater. It is in visual studio code

Prettier is fine because it doesn’t generate code for you to use. It just formats the code to be readable. Thats fine, but having AI give you code, and then passing that off as “your code” is not

I cant control what you do, but I can let you know the consequences if someone other then you writes the code you submit for the projects is all I’m saying

I just don’t want their to be any misunderstanding. I don’t want to get kicked because you guys thought I was cheating. I had a 3.75 gpa in college I don ’ t need to cheat. It would be unfair for you to kick me out for something I didn’t do.

If you write your own code then there shouldn’t be any issues as I said. As long as you write your code and aren’t copying it from AI or any where else then you’re fine

When I take a test it is alright to brush it up and make it neat in VS code right?

I am not sure what you mean by “test” if you mean project, or challenge then the same thing applies to what I said above

There’s nothing wrong with formatting your code. Formatting your code does not add code to your project or challenge, it just makes the code readable

There’s only an issue if you use code that you did not write in the project.

If you have anxiety about it, then you can always choose not to copy code that is created by a generative AI. My advice here would be the same as my advice for other places that you can find working code (Stack Overflow, solution videos, this forum, etc): after you read it, close the window, get a snack or walk your dog or something, come back and write your own solution without having the working code to copy from.

You should open your own thread for your question.

You can use the “Ask for Help” button on the challenge to create one.

I would like to specifically highlight our Academic Honesty Policy - which you must agree to before you can claim any certifications.

Aside from using open source libraries such as jQuery and Bootstrap, and short snippets of code which are clearly attributed to their original author, 100% of the code in my projects was written by me, or along with another camper with whom I was pair programming in real time.

Tools like ChatGPT or GitHub Copilot would not fit this. Using code they generated would be using code you did not write, and they are not another camper pair-programming with you. These tools are NOT safe to use when working on your certification projects.

Tools like Prettier do not write code for you - they just make your code prettier (hence the name). These tools ARE safe to use when working on your certification projects.

I think if we are explicit in our post that we are using generative AI help… and showing up our Skills… it would be fine👌🏼

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.