Survey form errors - 1/17

I’m completely new to coding, just took a beginner crash course on HTML last week. I’m really enjoying going through the courses here and I’ve had fun building the survey form for the first project.

The preview shows exactly how I want the form to look, which is why I was surprised to see 1/17 after I ran tests. I’m not sure what the errors mean, for instance here is the first one:

“1. I can see a title with id=“title” in H1 sized text.
There should be an element with id=“title” : expected null to not equal null”

Here is my line of code for that: <h1 id="title">freeCodeCamp Survey Form</h1>

I’d be happy to share the rest of my code I just don’t know how to do that in the forum.

TIA

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

Can you post your full code, it is difficult to help you by looking at just one part of the code especially in the projects. Your #title looks good are you sure that there are no other elements with the id of title

Thanks for the response and the information on adding code block to a post.

I had run my code on CodePen without creating an account and saw 1/17 after running the test. Once I created an account and reuploaded my code, the test ran 13/17, and I understood the few errors I had made. Crisis averted.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.