I’m going back and making my responsive web dev cert projects more presentable after submitting them a couple months ago.
Some thoughts and concerns:
- I still reference the example projects a lot. I worry that my code is too similar to the example projects. When it comes to styling I struggle with coming up with original ideas so I end up following the example designs very closely.
- On the same topic, I’m not aware of any other way to do the body::before hack for the background. I feel I mostly understand what it’s doing after reading some articles, but should I be finding other ways to do this, or maybe taking a different design approach all together?
- I feel super unsure about my use of em/rem. Should I typically stick to one or the other? When is it appropriate to just use px?
- Are checkbox and radio buttons just a pain to style or am I missing something?
- I welcome any other feedback!
another somewhat unrelated and broad question: doesn’t flexbox kind of make media queries redundant? Do media queries just offer more granular control? I get the impression that simply using flexbox isn’t considered sufficient for mobile responsiveness.