Survey Form - Please take a look!

I’m going back and making my responsive web dev cert projects more presentable after submitting them a couple months ago.

Some thoughts and concerns:

• I still reference the example projects a lot. I worry that my code is too similar to the example projects. When it comes to styling I struggle with coming up with original ideas so I end up following the example designs very closely.
  • On the same topic, I’m not aware of any other way to do the body::before hack for the background. I feel I mostly understand what it’s doing after reading some articles, but should I be finding other ways to do this, or maybe taking a different design approach all together?
  • I feel super unsure about my use of em/rem. Should I typically stick to one or the other? When is it appropriate to just use px?
  • Are checkbox and radio buttons just a pain to style or am I missing something?
  • I welcome any other feedback!

edit
another somewhat unrelated and broad question: doesn’t flexbox kind of make media queries redundant? Do media queries just offer more granular control? I get the impression that simply using flexbox isn’t considered sufficient for mobile responsiveness.

Hey there!

I think your form looks good.

I am a beginner as well and don’t really consider myself to be a natural designer either. It is ok to feel that way. For me I like to look at professional designs online , like on dribble, and draw inspiration from there. I don’t aim to recreate 100% of what they have created but it helps me to think of different design possibilities.

You could look into CSS tricks and see if there are any other alternative methods for achieving the same result.

Using rem or em units instead of pixels makes it easier for scalability and responsive design. You could take a look at this article I found on CSS tricks.

https://j.eremy.net/confused-about-rem-and-em/

It can be sometimes. w3schools has some tips for styling checkboxes.

I love using flexbox in my projects but I don’t think flexbox will ever completely replace media queries.

Hope that helps!

Happy coding!

Hey thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. I will definitely check out those links.