Survey Form & Product Landing Page - Would love to hear your feedback

Hello everyone! I am already starting my portfolio page project but I thought it would be a good idea to first revisit some of my old projects and learn from my mistakes. That’s why I would love to hear your feedback
Thanks! :grinning:

Survey Form
Landing Page

Welcome to the forums @beslerpatryk. Some things to revisit;
survey form

• On using codepen. codepen only expects the code you’d put within the <body> </body> tags in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to <head> click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • The link to your font would go in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
    • why do you have all those font families in the body declaration and yet you only link to one? And why would you default to serif font?
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator. Just copy your HTML and paste it into the ‘Validate by Direct Input’ tab.
    • There are errors you need to clean up.
  • make it so users can click on the labels, not just the checkboxes.
  • research what placeholder text is. Users should not have to deleted text in the textarea box
  • make your submit button look like a button, not a bar
  • change the cursor to a pointer when hovering over the submit button

landing page

• same as above regarding how to use codepen
  • same as above regarding the validator. Errors you need to clean up.
  • when clicking any link from the nav-bar the beginning of the section is covered by the nav-bar. The user has to scroll in order to see the top part.

Overall you did a good job on both pages but they both look too much like the sample projects. The sample project are just examples of one way the pages can be done. All the projects say to make one that’s “functionally similar” and “give it your own personal style”.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I will try to improve them according to your suggestions :+1: