Survey Form Project - feedback please!

Hello,

I’m looking for feedback on my Survey Form project. Any tips and suggestions that you can give me is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

https://codepen.io/mrbanh/full/pozPjdR

Simple, Responsive, and direct to the task

1 Like

Lovely! :smile:.

I love it, responsive and well made. Very simple. Love it!

1 Like

Wow. You are a true master of gradients. They fit into the page really nicely.
I really like the font you picked for this. Now if you come to think about it, this form doesn’t match mcdonald’s logo or color styles. Try getting a font and some colors that match more if you do one about mcdonalds. If not, then you can change the subject of your form to something else.

Nice job.

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words!

Thank you! Making it responsive took awhile, but i’m glad I didn’t give up.

Haha, I knew someone was going to call me out on the colors!

I initially created it for some made up company. Half way through, I gave up on thinking about the made-up company and what questions to ask. I went with McDonald’s since it was easy to come up with questions lol… I’ll probably look into changing the color and font later today.

Thank you for the feedback!

1 Like

Hi @MrBanh, your survey form looks good. Some things you may want to revisit;

• if you’ve filled out an on-line form you may have noticed that fields marked with an asterisk are required fields. You have a field marked required that isn’t.
  • on your dropdown, instead of making ‘Select an Option’ disabled, make it selected by default so the user has to make a choice.
  • change the cursor to a pointer when hovering over the submit button
1 Like

Hi @Roma ,

Thanks for pointing all of those out! I’ll just need to do a quick fix once I’m at home.

For your second point, if I make “Select an Option” selected by default, is there a way to validate it so that the user does not submit the form with “Select an Option” selected? I’m thinking of assigning a value=“null” to the option tag and validating it with JS.

Yes, you can do this; <option value=" " selected>--Please select one--</option>