Survey Form - Questions w/ Formatting

Hey, there! I am working on my Survey Form & feel like I’m more hung up right now with how I want it to look than I am passing the tests. I have a couple of questions that seem to deal more w/ the formatting:

1. How do I get a shaded box around my form questions (like we see in the example project)?
  2. How do I get the text outside of the field to position above the field instead of in-line with the field?
  3. On the dropdown menu, how do I format the “disabled selected value” text? right now, it is appearing white w/ a white background.
  4. How do I format all fields to be the same height & width? as of right now, it seems the size and amount of text is determining the field sizes, and this leaves the fields being different sizes.

Here is a link to my survey form: https://codepen.io/tommy-fm35/pen/MWYrRMN

Thank you for your help!

Hi @tommy-fm35, not to be harsh but all of your questions can be answered by doing some simple searches with Google.

• your first question is even easier. Did you look at the example project to see how it was constructed? That would answer that question.
  • for your third question, you’re seeing white on white because that’s what you coded in CSS

On a side note, codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the down arrow in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link. You have some typo’s that need to be cleaned up and it would help to correct them now.

@Roma Thank you for your reply. I will try to make better use of Google & appreciate you reminding me about the CodePen validators.