Survey-Form review

Hei all,

would appreciate it, if someone could review my survey.
Looking forward to get some feedback.

https://codepen.io/Akloib/pen/eYNbgQm?editors=1100

Best wishes,
A

2 Likes

Hi there,

Your form looks nice. I like the background picture and the transparency effect. The only suggestion I have is to move the checkboxes next to what they correspond to, rather than appear below. That way, it’s clear what the checkbox refers to.

Great job overall.

1 Like

Hi @Akloib!

I think your page looks good.

A few things.

• The errors in your html are because the br tag is written wrong.
    </br> You shouldn’t be using br tags to force line breaks anyway so I would just delete it. br tags should only be used when line breaks are significant like in a poem or address. If you want space between elements use css instead. The correct way is this <br>

• You have duplicate css selectors.

body {
    font-family: 'Karla', sans-serif;
}

and here

body {
    width: 100%;
    background-image: url('https://images.unsplash.com/reserve/oY3ayprWQlewtG7N4OXl_DSC_5225-2.jpg?crop=entropy&cs=srgb&fm=jpg&ixid=MXwxNDU4OXwwfDF8cmFuZG9tfHx8fHx8fHw&ixlib=rb-1.2.1&q=85');
    background-size: cover;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    margin: 0;
    text-align: center;
}
  • It would be nice if you add the cursor pointer {cursor: pointer;} for the submit button

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Hey there @Akloib!

Your design looks great but here are some things to look over with both your html and CSS.

Html:

First there are some stray <br> tags that you have instead put has </br> tags, remember, <br> tags are self-closing so all you need is <br> and your good to go. Also, I recommend looking into CSS alternatives to the <br> tag such as adding margin, padding, and borders onto elements instead of using <br> tags.

Seccond you need to run your html and CSS through the W3 service checker, although it’ll give you some redundant “bugs” there still some errors you need to correct. Here’s the link:

Now for your CSS:

Your design is great, but I recommend styling the buttons just a bit more. Instead of choosing a transparent color for the buttons try using a bolder, darker color, that way the user can distinguish the button from the background. The buttons are also flat which make it hard to tell from the boxes from the survey, I recommend adding more margin, border, and padding to make the button stand out.

I hope I have helped you on your coding journey,
Happy coding :slight_smile:
Best,
Cy499_Studios

1 Like

Hei @cherylm, @jwilkins.oboe and @Cy499_Studios

thank you for your insight and feedback! That helps a lot and motivates to go on coding.
Gonna dig in more and apply the changes.

Best,
A

2 Likes

@Akloib No problem Buddy!

Have fun and keep on coding! :slight_smile:

check out my form please

https://codepen.io/sambuka-a/pen/MWeNXdr

Take care

1 Like

@_sambuka, Hey there!

I’m under the rules of the forum to tell you that (no offense) going to other topics and then asking for feedback on your own is a bit invasive and rude. We simply can’t give your topic the time it needs if we are trying to help someone else, that’s why I encourage you to make your own topic and tag it in “project feedback”. That way the forum can give your topic the attention and feedback it deserves.

We all make mistakes, don’t feel bad about it, ok :).

Best, Cy499_Studios

You can create new topics using the topic button:

Just a friendly reminder :slight_smile:

Thanks for your message.
I’m really sorry mate, I didn’t know that.
I will create my topic.