I’m brand new to coding and spent a bit more time playing around with CSS in the second challenge than I did in the first. I’m enjoying the process of learning, but also know that I can get ahead of myself. Not 5 minutes after submitting my project, I was googling php to figure out how to make the form functional - lol!!..needless to say, that was way out of my depth at this point (besides the fact that I should move on to the next challenge.) I know there’s so much I can improve on in the fundamentals - would love any advice, feedback, suggestions. Thank you! https://codepen.io/jscheuer/pen/MWbydqg
Your form looks okay @scheuertheatre. Some things to revisit;
- Verify your email addr with codepen so we can see your project full view
- Keep the test script when forking the pen (
- The test script should be included, with all tests passing, when you submit your projects.
- Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the
bodyelement in the HTML editor. (No need to include the
bodytags). For anything you want to add to the
<head>element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
- Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
- There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
- Don’t use internal styling. Keep all your styling external.
- User’s should be able to click on the label to toggle a selection, not just the radio button / checkbox. This doesn’t work for the first couple of radio buttons
- It’s a bad UX for the user to have to delete text when entering comments
- Change the cursor to a pointer when hovering over the submit button
- Do not use the
<br>element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
- Reference MDN Docs
Since you’re asking for feedback I’m moving this to the #project-feedback subforum
Thank you for this feedback. I used the freecode- forkme codepen while I worked to make sure I got a 17/17, but then copy and pasted into my own codepen so I could save it. I will go back in and paste in the test script and revise the things you pointed out and will then resubmit in my curriculum.
Just an fyi, if you were logged into codepen when you forked the pen then that is your pen that you worked on. No need to copy and paste into yet another pen.
If you edit the same pen there’s nothing to resubmit. The URL that you submitted is the URL to your pen. If you update the pen there’s nothing to resubmit because the URL hasn’t changed.