Here’s the link: https://codepen.io/homtanks/full/JQyWjz (updated)
I tried to get a handle on flexbox and relative units with this project…and you can see that I’m not quite there.
Biggest issue is the responsiveness. Responsiveness is mostly fixed I think. There are still some spacing/positioning issues in general though. And the code can probably be cleaned up quite a bit. But it passes all the tests!
Let me know what you think. Also, please forgive the terrible humor.
Ok, so I took some of your advice and changed some things. Here’s the updated link: https://codepen.io/homtanks/full/JQyWjz
- Changed the pallet up, hopefully it's a little more pleasing to the eye. I'll admit color design is not a strong suit of mine.
- Good catch, removed the asterisk.
- I'm not sure what you mean by this? The placeholder text is too small? The box? The placeholder uses numbers instead of text to imply that's what is needed, so I'm a little confused by this one.
- Good idea, changed that.
- Also good, changed the cursor.
- I can see that. I kept it on the label boxes, but removed it from the input boxes. I also added it to the box containers, haha, so in the end maybe there's still the same amount of box shadow, just changed a bit.
It should be mostly responsive now as well. But I’ll admit it’s a bit of a mess. I think I over-complicated my ID and Class names, and they are a bit confusing as well. I’d like to come back in the future and clean it up quite a bit.
Thanks for the feedback!
@fram, that looks a lot better now.
What I meant about the placeholder for the number you’ve corrected so it’s moot. Good job.
It’s hard in the beginning getting used to using class names versus id’s. There are conventions you can follow too. Do a Google search on something like ‘html class name convention’. It gets a little easier as you do it more and more.
id because FCC wants us to for the user stories but a lot of times find it easier to use a class name because I can use a class name more than once.