Surveyform --- constructive criticism needed

Hey all,

First post. Just finished writing HTML for my survey page for a fake product, but am unsure if I followed all the best practices and conventions while doing so.

Here is my link

Thanks!

Just scanning over it, I don’t see any major problems.

The main thing I’d say is aesthetics - I would have used some CSS to make it prettier. I know you may not be interested in design (neither am I) but it’s good to get some basic skills.

If you’re wondering about your HTML, W3C provides a FANTASTIC markup validation. It’s super awesome and should become part of your routine in my opinion. You can paste your code here:
https://validator.w3.org/#validate_by_input

And it should give you different ways that you can improve on it! I also agree with @kevinSmith, you’ve done a pretty solid job on the HTML. Like your title says, just finishing the HTML is fine. But I would like to see what kind of CSS and design that you could come up with!

When you code with Codepen, you can actually put your links in the settings portion of the codepen. You should see the settings option in the top right of your page. You can put your <link> tags within there to help clean up your code.

Congratulations on getting the 17/17. I can’t wait to see how you will finish the design for this site!!

@adamjorge, your form looks okay but some things to revisit;

• Your color choices are not good. Black text on a dark background make your page almost impossible to read. And for someone with poor eyesight it would be impossible to read.
  • Users should be able to click on the labels, not just the radio buttons/checkboxes.
  • Make your submit button look like a button, not a bar
  • Change the cursor to a pointer when hovering over the submit button

Thanks for the tip!

I appreciate the feedback, just diving into the CSS now, I’ll be sure to keep the thread updated about when I finish :slight_smile:.

1 Like

@caleb-mabry Thank you so much, that is such a useful tool. I’m getting into the CSS now and will be sure to keep you updated. :slight_smile:

@Roma, thank you for the candid feedback. CSS doesn’t come as quickly to me, but your tips are something I will definitely fold in to my final product. Thanks! :slight_smile: