</header>
<form>
  <label for="search">Search:</label>

<input  type="search" name="search" id="search" tabindex="1">
  <input  type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit" id="submit" tabindex="2">

</form>
<h2>Inspirational Quotes</h2>
<blockquote>
  <p>&ldquo;There's no Theory of Evolution, just a list of creatures I've allowed to live.&rdquo;<br>
  - Chuck Norris</p>
</blockquote>
<blockquote>
  <p>&ldquo;Wise men say forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.&rdquo;<br>
  - TMNT</p>
</blockquote>
<footer>&copy; 2018 Camper Cat</footer>
</body>
  **Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/89.0.4389.128 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Use tabindex to Specify the Order of Keyboard Focus for Several Elements

Link to the challenge:

Hello Guys

I passed the test but still curious why it’s not working? When I use tab it’s still choosing the first paragraph instead of the checkbox even tabindex is already set to 1?

I haven’t gone through this, but I would guess that it all the complexity of the FCC curriculum page.

If I take your code and put it in a file called test.html, save it, and double click on the file to open it in a browser, I can see your page. When I hit tab, I go to those two fields first. It has to be a fresh page and can’t have clicked into it - use the page refresh on the browser if you need to.

I appreciate your help Kevin! thanks a lot!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.