Take a look at my product lading page

I have spent 1 month coding 3 to 4 hours a day to finish this. I cloned the design from the internet .and As I have never touched a line of code before freecodecamp, building this product landing page was hard as hell. But I had a lot of fun in the process and can now brag around saying that I know HTML and CSS, lol , though the basis .

Can you please tell me what you think about it.

2 Likes

Looks great!
I can see you have put a lot of effort into it. Above and beyond the call of duty. Some nice design elements in it too.
A few things not quite perfect which is to be expected from all of us. Your iframe is not showing up for me.
Another very small thing is that in the about section at the bottom the words overlap into the copyright section. It would look better if they didn’t. You have squeezed a lot in down there and might need to remove a few words as there is no spare space

1 Like
 <iframe width="390" height="344" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lTtd1_JSLvo" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

for the video you have to copy embed code
It` s good page…

1 Like

Thank you for such great advice. I’ll do that right away!!

Thank you !!! I’ll do it.

Your page looks good @mvergiliodesouza. Some things to revisit;

• The test script, with all tests passing, should be included when you submit your projects.
    • Your page passes 15/16 user stories. Click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
      Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask questions on what you don’t understand.
  • Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in the HTML editor. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML syntax/coding errors you should be aware of and address.
  • Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the chevron in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    • The one for CSS is good. Use it and address the issue(s). (there are quite a few typo’s)
    • (The one for HTML misses things which is why I recommend W3C)
  • Do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
  • overflow-x: hidden; will completely hide anything that extends outside its container element horizontally. It’s recommended to not do this, and refactor your CSS to be more responsive - otherwise it is possible for your site to appear to be missing content. (see screenshot)
  • Input fields overlap the user input and do not present a good UX. (see screenshot)
  • Revisit your media query breakpoints (see screenshot)
    • Start by styling for a narrow view port first. Narrow your browser as far as it will go and style the page so it looks good at that narrow width. Then gradually widen your browser and use CSS media query break points to adjust the style for wider view ports if needed.

Screen Shot 2021-08-29 at 22.35.05

1 Like

Thank you!!! I will do that first thing tomorrow in the morning. That was very helpful.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.