Tec Doc Feedback - responsiveness

Hello all,
Could you please provide some feedback on my tech doc page?
CodePen: https://codepen.io/nosmaritimos/pen/rNWBrmB

This was based off the Kotlin docs:

The W3 validation tool is showing quite a few errors. But I do not think its that bad. Also I had to do tricks to have some of the tests passed.

Thank you guys veery much!

Hi @nosmaritimos !

I think your page looks good.
You are failing one of the tests which has to deal with the navbar.

If it is a warning then maybe you could ignore it. But if it is marked as an error I would definitely fix that.

Most of the errors have to deal with you wrapping anchor tags around the buttons in the navbar.

I don’t think you need to have the buttons so I would get rid of them and just use the anchor tags.

1 Like

Some things to revisit @nosmaritimos;

It is that bad. HTML is not really a programming language. It’s a descriptive/markup language to specify webpage structure. There are rules and standards that need to be followed.
That said, browsers will do their best to render the code, ignoring what doesn’t make sense but what happens when browsers adhere to the rules.?
When you move on to real programming languages you’ll find that you cannot ignore errors. Your code will not run, period.

Addressing a few of the errors;

1. Anchors have a purpose and rules to be followed. Buttons have a purpose. There is no value-add in having navigation links be buttons.
  2. The only element allowed in ordered and unordered lists it the list element. To add to that, code2 is not a valid HTML element. You cannot make up your own elements.
  3. There is a reserved characters standard that you should adhere to.
  • The test script should be included, with all tests passing, when you submit your projects.
    • Your page passes 15/16 user stories. Click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue. (Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message.)
1 Like

Thanks @Roma and @jwilkins.oboe ,

I have fixed the code to match your feedback and the user stories.
I’ve also tried to improve contrast and done some media query improvements.

Really appreciate your effort and patience with the noobs! :rofl:

It’s a good thing you didn’t follow their layout design. Your responsiveness may not be perfect yet, but at least you are trying :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.