Tech Doc Page nav-links failing test

Tell us what’s happening:
Cannot get code to pass tests 10, 12, and 13 for the Technical Documentation page. All my links go to each corresponding header. All the case is correct. All my classes are labeled correctly; as far as I can tell. I’ve stared at this for awhile and searched the forum and haven’t found anything that has worked to stop my code from failing the test. Out of desperation, I’ve put the navbar code before and after my main element, and I have tried putting it in my main element. None of that is working. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Your code so far

https://codepen.io/briellepfrunder/pen/BaQGgQv?editors=1000

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_13_6) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/86.0.4240.183 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Build a Technical Documentation Page

Link to the challenge:

It’s a typo, one of your .nav-link elements lacks the hyphen. Also, you still have a second nav at the end of your code which you probably forgot to delete.

Thank you so much. Unfortunately, I had a feeling it would be something like that. I have ADHD and I swear my mind shows me want it wants to see sometimes. And yeah I forgot I left it in after I moved it to the top of my code. Thanks again.

If people ask for help with this particular challenge, it’s almost always a typo, you’re not alone… For a problem of this sort (create many elements with the same class name or id), it helps to use Codepen’s search function (ctrl-f like in a browser). It’ll highlight all elements with that class name, and the one that has a different name will be easier to spot.

1 Like

I never thought of doing that. Thanks for the tip.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.