Technical Doc - Feedback Please

Hey there ladies and gents,

Tis myself again asking for the free time your hands. If you are willing to give it, would you be so kind as to have a look at my project?
Be as harsh a critic as you feel is necessary. Also if you could mention the good points so I at least know where I’m going right that’d be amazing.

TechnicalDoc

Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to read this and, hopefully, have a look at my project! It is all very much appreciated

Johnathan

1 Like

You should probably add padding to the texts as it’s kind of too close to the scroll bar.

2 Likes

Thanks @GhostRoboXt!
Do you mean for both sides or just the Navbar?

It was a conscious decision I made for the Navbar as I found the actual content looked a bit too squashed on the other side if there was more padding

The left side of the nav bar, and the left side of the contents. It will probably make it look nicer.

1 Like

Sure, I’ll give it a try. Thanks

Your page looks good @johnathan.cody1992. Some things to revisit;

• Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • The link to the font goes in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
    • Mentioning because you have an opening html tag but no closing one. Also, the test script is JS. It should be right before the closing body tag. The meta element should be in a head element. If you follow the instructions above, you’ll see codepen provides a button for you to add that meta element.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are some HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address. You can ignore the warnings if you want. They’re for making your page more semantic.
  • Don’t use <br> to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for. If you want another paragraph, add another p element.

I don’t normally comment on someone’s design but this looks bad. It’s hard to read;

Hey @Roma,

Thanks for all the advice and taking the time out to look at my project.

I will run my code through the validator and fix the errors.

Can you specific which
you are alluding to?

On the design:
Which browser are you using? I’ve used several different browsers and have not had the same error as you seem to be getting.

Interesting. I’m using the latest Chrome on a MacBook Pro. Got curious and looked at it using Firefox and Safari and I see it the way you do.
For the most part, I’m 99.99% of the time on Chrome.