Technical Doc: VSEPR

Did the project while back and curious about what others think!
Got the contents from one of my chemistry textbooks, added a little methane just for fun. :grinning:

Technical Doc: VSEPR

1 Like

It looks good. I like how you’ve used simple colors and all. And the methane also looks good. [I taught myself Chemistry and Organic Chemistry from Khan Academy, (still a lot left to learn)and yesterday I just got my very first molecular modelling kit, I was very happy to see this today. You just gave me an idea of how I could make website out of my notes :slightly_smiling_face: )

On the side note I wonder how they rotate molecules and all like on clicking and pulling like they do in online modelling websites.

1 Like

Thanks! I really spent some time on this projects, good to know it inspired you!
Organic Chemistry gets tougher as you go deeper into it, but it is beautiful indeed. :grinning:

If you’re into Inorganic Chemistry and Point Group of molecules, check out this website.
Symmetry@Otterbein

1 Like

Hi
It does look good, nothing major I would change. One or two small things that would help to polish it up a little that’s all.
I would put a hover effect on the links so that it’s obvious when hovering over 1. The other small thing is that I would give the paragraphs in the main doc a little padding left and right as particularly at smaller screen sizes they are very close to the edges.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback!
I got them fixed right away and it’s much more legible. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Your page looks good @dooing. Some things to revisit;

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML syntax/coding errors you should be aware of and address.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • Do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
  • Keep all your styling external. Do not use in-line styling.
  • Change the ampersand to the HTML entity to be compliant with the reserved characters standard.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.