Technical Document Page Btedds (project 4)

https://codepen.io/btedds/full/JjbbNQd

I forked from the example given as I didn´t want to have to find a technical document to use for the HTML.

I have used this project to really play around with the CSS, see how it works and fix a few areas that were overlapping when the media queries were applied.

Oh and also have some fun with the styling - what do you think?

1 Like

Great dude,
The styling is good, the rainbow on hover takes me back to old school websites. It passed all the test which was most necessary.

You can improvise the design more I think, as when you’ll explore UX/UI design you’ll get to know why not to use that rainbow effect on hover.

Some resources which can help you with color schemes - colorhunt.co they have got really cool combinations which you can use in your projects as it will help you to be consistent across your design.

Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

It would have been okay to use the text but it’s not okay to use the HTML from the sample project. This is not original work.

Make the project from scratch, with your own code, style and content. Don’t take code from the sample project.

• The projects aren’t just another challenge. Each one is meant to be a significant step in your progress. Every project you do will require research, planning, trial and error, and strengthening your skills beyond what you gain from the incremental challenges.
  • The hardest part of coding is looking at a problem and coming up with a plan to solve that problem. Starting out by looking at someone else’s code completely bypasses that step.
  • Being able to write a technical document is a skill that developer’s need to acquire.
1 Like

I have completely re-written all the code for this project and spent hours getting flexbox to work how I wanted it to :exploding_head: - it is now all my own work and the next project (my portfolio), I wrote completely from scratch- You were correct it was much more difficult to do but an important step none the less.

I have actually found looking at the code from the FCC examples extremely helpful - it has shown me how comments can be very useful and ways to write my code more clearly. However now I definitely get your point about making my own projects from scratch.

Thanks again for the feedback.

1 Like

You have to remember that the samples were created by professionals.
Their code is going to be cleaner and more concise than beginners.

But when you are first starting out, it is totally fine if your projects and code aren’t super clean.

Just focus on the learning and keep building.
After you build the project, then you can look at the sample to see another way of building it. :grinning:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.