Technical Document project:nav bar

Hello codecampers
I build up my technical Document project but it still failed the test for the "navbar "
Even code camp example fail the test!!!
My code :

#navbar{
position: fixed;
top: 0;
border:1px solid black;
width:220px;
height:100%;
z-index:1;
overflow-y:scroll;
overflow-x:hidden;
}

Happy Coding

We really need to be able to see your entire project in order to help you properly. Please provide a link.

1 Like

Sure

I just ran the tests on your project and they all passed for me.

I’m guessing here, but are you running the tests when the browser is narrow enough that the nav menu is at the top of the page? If so then you will fail one test because that test requires that your browser be wide enough that the nav menu is at the side. So if that is the only test you are failing then just widen your browser so the menu is at the side.

1 Like

Yeah I feel there is something wrong
Because even official example fail

So I chould post the link it work well??

Read the red error text. It is telling you what I explained above. You will only pass that test if your browser is wide enough that the nav menu is on the left side.

I test it on my laptop and get the same problem
If it works with you I can submit it because it’s work for sure

Hello @OmaranBazna,

To detail what told you @bbsmooth the error message you got says:

Please run this test in a larger window (before any media queries) : expected 520 to be above 850
AssertionError: Please run this test in a larger window (before any media queries) : expected 520 to be above 850

Soon as you will lunch the test in little window, it will activate the media query and then you will have this issue. You need to lunch the test with a window higher than 850px width. If you test many size below 850, it will tell you each time what is the size of your window at the moment of the test. Example:

• expected 520 to be above 850
  • expected 640 to be above 850
  • expected 849 to be above 850

So actually, it is not a an issue about what you produced but just a test requirement so you can submit it without scares :wink:

1 Like

Thank you
Yeah I think it work But need some styling
Happy Coding

1 Like

You’re welcome, good luck in the projects!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.